Sunday, August 16, 2009

How to Store Hijabs using a plastic hang-over-the-door shoe rack & clothes pins!

Everyone has a unique way of how they store their hijab, this is one method that I really like for me. I know that the long rectangular shaylah style hijabs are very popular right now, but I personally wear a lot of the square style ones myself. So then the question becomes, how to store it? This is the best way that I have found (my mom suggested it). Using one of those plastic hang-over-the-door shoe storage racks, and a set of clothes pins, you now have an easy way of storing your hijabs! This method is nice because it's easy to see all of your hijabs, making it easy for you to find the perfect hijab you are looking for. Also the pockets are great for storing underscarfs, arms covers, niqabs, your husbands kufis, etc. The one down side is that at times the point where the clothes pin clips to the fabric can leave a radiating sun wrinkle-pattern, BUT if you clip it in the right spot, that area would be under the hijab and wouldn't cause a problem. Another downside is, depending on the clearance with your door frame, you may end up chipping away at the frame with the metal clips that hang the storage rack on your door. To avoid this, you could choose to put a couple of nails in the door, and hang the storage rack on those, instead of using the metal clips. Another thing I would recommend that you might want to try to do is using plastic clothes pins instead of wooden ones. I bought a big pack of wooden ones at the 99 cents store, and they work fine, except sometimes they can get caught on the hijab and case a snag. So if you use wooden ones, make sure to be careful when removing the hijab, especially with delicate hijabs. I haven't tried plastic clothes pins however, so I don't know how well they would grip the hijab. If someone tries it, let me know how it goes!

This method of storage avoids the wrinkles and hassles of slipping off that are caused by hanging them on hangers. Storing hijabs in dresser drawers makes it difficult to see your full hijab selection when you're trying to find the perfect one to match your outfit. It also can get a little disorganized as hijabs, especially slippery ones, get unfolded. Also, I am more likely to actually PUT my hijabs away instead of leaving them in a big ball somewhere around the house, because this method is so easy.

This is my way, but how do you store your hijabs? Do you have any special tips or tricks that you'd like to share??

1 comment:


  1. India's finest decorative arts for luxury home furniture custom living room furnitureand interiors. Our collection is custom created for you by our experts. we have a tendency to bring the world's best to our doorstep. welfurn is leading Interior design company that gives exquisite styles excellence in producing and Quality standards. self storage unitswill give door-step delivery and can complete the installation at your home.

    ReplyDelete